Do you know or could you be the next recipient of the Routledge Distance Learning Librarianship Conference Sponsorship Award? If so, the ACRL DLS Awards Committee wants to hear from you!
This prestigious award, sponsored by the Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, honors an ACRL member who has made valuable contributions to the field of distance librarianship. The winner receives:
- $1,200 to attend the 2018 ALA Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA (June 21-26, 2018)
- A commemorative plaque presented at an awards luncheon during ALA Annual.
The applicant should demonstrate achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Support for distance learning librarianship and library services, e.g., service to students and faculty, innovation, and/or leadership
- Participation in the creation and/or implementation of distance library programs or services of exemplary quality
- Successful collaboration with faculty in support of information literacy and/or other aspects of library instruction or services for distance students
- Significant research, publication, and/or presentations in areas related to distance learning librarianship
Submissions are due by December 1, 2017. Self-nominations are welcome.
For more information about this award (including a list of previous winners) and the application form, please visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/awards/achievementawards/dlsaward