To support instruction librarians in providing instructional services to diverse populations. The committee reviews, researches new content, updates, and promotes the “Multilingual Glossary” and the “Library Instruction for Diverse Populations Bibliography” bi-annually, focusing on one document per year.
View planning documents such as annual goals, measuring success reports, or annual reports by selecting the appropriate report from the IS Archive.
The committees generally meets virtually, once at time of the Midwinter Meeting and once near the time of the Annual Conference. Most meetings are open to visitors.
View minutes from committee meetings in the IS Archive.
Committee Members & Contact Information (member login)
Maintenance of the Library Instruction for Diverse Populations Bibliography. (NOTE: This project is the committee’s focus for 2015-2016.)
Revision of the Multilingual Glossary – a major, long-term project involving the following tasks:
- Identify terms of possible addition to or deletion from the current version of the Glossary.
- Creation of translations of these terms into other languages.
- Writing of definitions for these terms.
- Editing of revision by the committee for consistency of style and formatting.
- Submission of revision for Approval by IS Exec.
- Publicizing of the revised Glossary.
- Uploading of the revised Glossary to the IS Web site.