Arts Section Members,
There are two very important position that need immediate volunteers to apprentice for before the term begins in June 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Kai Alexis Smith at email@example.com.
Please find the two position descriptions below:
This position is a member of the Membership and Outreach Committee.
- Coordinates the ACRL Arts website (http://acrl.ala.org/arts/).
- Collaborates with the Section Chair and the Section Public Relations Officer in updating the website’s pages and managing the blog.
- Liaises to the ACRL Senior Production Editor regarding the website and any ACRL Arts content on the ACRL website (http://www.ala.org/acrl/).
Basic skills in WordPress and web design are preferred. ACRL provides training in Drupal.
This position may entail a few hours of work per month.
Training with the current Webmaster is provided within the next 5 months.
Public Relations Officer
This position is member of the Membership and Outreach Committee.
- Manage and create content the Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress Blog. Post ACRL/Arts information about meetings, events, and resources for librarians to social media.
- Generate a Fall and Spring Arts Section Newsletter.
- Manage and reach out to members to participate in the Member’s Spotlight.
- Manage the section listserv.
- Keep track of social media statistics and present updates to the membership at the spring and fall meetings.
Knowledge of Hootsuite, Storify and WordPress preferred.
This position may entail anywhere from 1 – 3 hours a week.
Training with the current Public Relations Officer is provided within the next 5 months.