ACRL RIG maintains a map of one to three year internships, fellowships, and residency programs designed to provide a broad range of experiences in academic and research librarianship for early-career librarians. Click on the pin for more information about the program when available. Red pins indicate that the institution is part of the ACRL Diversity Alliance.
Learn more about residencies on our info sheet.
View North American Library Residencies and Fellowships in a larger map
To see which programs are currently hiring or have recently hired, please click on the following:
Note that many residency programs may be put on hold or discontinued. While we do our best to keep this site current, please check directly with each program to confirm its current status. Residencies that we believe to be inactive are listed below. If you see any incorrect information on the status of a specific residency program or would like us to add a program to the map, please contact us.
- Auburn University – Residency Program
- Georgetown University – Law Library Resident Program
- Kansas State University
- Los Angeles Public Library – Innovation Leadership Program
- Marquette University
- Purdue University
- University at Buffalo, SUNY – Jean Blackwell Hutson Library Residency Program
- University of Louisville
- University of New Mexico
- Vanderbilt University – Eskind Biomedical Library Internship Program