Do you know or could you be the next recipient of the Routledge Distance Learning Librarianship Conference Sponsorship Award? If so, the Distance Learning Section (DLS) of the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) wants to hear from you!
This prestigious award, sponsored by the Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, honors an ACRL member who has made valuable contributions to the field of distance librarianship. The winner receives:
- $1,200 to attend the 2019 ALA Annual Conference in Washington, DC (June 20-25, 2019)
- A commemorative plaque presented at an awards luncheon during ALA Annual
Nominees should demonstrate achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Support for distance learning librarianship and library services (e.g., service to students and faculty, innovation, and/or leadership)
- Participation in the creation and/or implementation of distance library programs or services of exemplary quality
- Successful collaboration with faculty in support of information literacy and/or other aspects of library instruction or services for distance students
- Significant research, publication, and/or presentations in areas related to distance learning librarianship
Submissions are due by December 7, 2018. Self-nominations are welcome.
For more information about this award (including a list of previous winners) and the application form, please visit http://www.ala.org/acrl/awards/achievementawards/dlsaward
Questions? Contact DLS Awards Committee Co-Chairs:
Melissa Atkinson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cynthia Thomes: email@example.com