ILI-L (the Information Literacy Instruction Discussion List) was created in May 2002 as a new iteration of the online community that Martin Raish created with the BI-L discussion list in 1990. ILI-L is hosted on the American Library Association server, sponsored by the Instruction Section of the Association of College and Research Libraries, and moderated by the ILI-L List Administrator. With ILI-L, the Instruction Section hopes to sustain the thriving exchange on instruction and information literacy that made BI-L such an important venue for communication among librarians from a variety of settings and backgrounds.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or access the ILI-L archive (May 2002-present), go to:
To access the BI-L archive (July 1995-May 2002):
The BI-L Archive is currently unavailable. A project is underway to merge the BI-L Archive into the ILI-L Archive.
To change your ILI-L list reception mode (normal, digest, urlize, no mail):
- Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/ili-l
- Login with the e-mail address that you used to subscribe to ILI-L, and the password that you received from the Sympa interface. (If you do not know the password, you can have it e-mailed to you.)
- Click on “Your subscriptions.”
- Click on the name of the list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Click on “Subscriber Options.”
- Click on one of the options under “Receiving mode.” “Standard” is the default, and means that you will get individual messages. “Digest” will send you one mail message per day with an attachment for each individual message. “Urlize” will send you one mail message per day with links to all of the individual messages on the web server. “No mail” will turn off messages (appropriate for while you are on vacation) but will leave you subscribed.
- Click “Update.”
To send a message to ILI-L if you are not subscribed to the list, please contact the system administrator, Greg Carr at email@example.com.