ACRL Instruction Section Annual Program (Virtual Program)
Curricular Mapping – From Planning to Practice
Thursday, May 31, 2018 1:00-2:00 (EST)/12:00-1:00 pm (CST)/11:00-12:00 pm (MST)/10:00-11:00 am (PDT)
Access at: https://zoom.us/j/252968140
Join the ACRL Instruction section for its virtual annual program to discuss four stages of curriculum mapping. Curriculum mapping is a systematic approach to reviewing curriculum and identifying of areas in which information literacy instruction would have a high impact. Library instructors across the country are examining impact, developing outreach strategies, and communicating with both internal and external stakeholders. Learn how strategic use of curriculum mapping can help you advance both your teaching and instruction program.
Panelists will showcase the:
- History of this practice,
- Strategic programmatic approaches,
- Project management processes for mapping,
- Working with campus partners and stakeholders,
- Communication practices for sharing and using the curriculum map results.
- Merinda Kaye Hensley, Host and 2017-2018 Instruction Section Chair
- Lisabeth Chabot, College Librarian, Ithaca College Library
- Susan Gardner, Head of Reference & Instruction, William H. Hannon Library Loyola Marymount University
- Laura Kuo, Health Sciences Librarian, Ithaca College Library
- Kacy Lundstrom, Head of Learning & Engagement Services, Utah State University Libraries
- Sara Maurice Whitver, Coordinator of Library Instruction, University of Alabama Libraries
Join us to hear and discuss this important topic with your teaching and learning colleagues. This program is hosted by the ACRL Instruction Section and there is no registration or charge to attend. This session will be recorded and the link sent out to ILI-L after the session. We also have a new IS website page dedicated to past archived sessions: https://acrl.ala.org/IS/instruction-tools-resources-2/archived-is-webinars/
Also, don’t forget about another recent webinar sponsored by IS and the Management and Leadership Cmte on curriculum mapping:
Meeting Name: Creating the big picture: Improving instruction programming through curriculum mapping (April 25, 2018)
Recording URL: https://youtu.be/ENDYq1ZaN-8
The forms, slides, and answers to the Q & A are available in a Google folder at https://tinyurl.com/vtlibmapping
With many thanks to the Instruction Section Conference Program Planning Committee – Sheila Stoeckel (chair), Nicole Helregel, Michael Wray Pearce, and Anna Mary Williford.
We hope to see you there!