To promote best practices in information literacy and library instruction by developing, maintaining, and promoting the “Characteristics of Programs of Information Literacy that Illustrate Best Practices: A Guideline” and related web site.
View planning documents such as annual goals, measuring success reports, or annual reports by selecting the appropriate report from the IS Archive.
Committee meetings are held online on dates close to the ALA Midwinter and ALA Annual Conferences. Contact the current Committee Chair for meeting information.
View minutes from committee meetings in the IS Archive.
Committee Members & Contact Information (member login)
Exemplary Program Spotlight:
- The University of Rhode Island (see pages 3-4). Spring 2016.
- University of Las Vegas Nevada: Interview with Melissa Bowles-Terry. Spring 2017.
- California State University, San Bernardino: Interview with Gina Schlesselman-Tarango. Spring 2018.
- Spartanburg Community College: Interview with Katherine Stiwinter. Spring 2020.
- LaGuardia Community College: Interview with Silvia Lin Hanick and Ian McDermott. Spring 2021.