To promote best practices in information literacy and library instruction by developing, maintaining, and promoting the “Characteristics of Programs of Information Literacy that Illustrate Best Practices: A Guideline” and related web site.
View planning documents such as annual goals, measuring success reports, or annual reports by selecting the appropriate report from the IS Archive.
Committee meetings are held online on dates close to the ALA Midwinter and ALA Annual Conferences. Contact the current Committee Chair for meeting information.
View minutes from committee meetings in the IS Archive.
Committee Members & Contact Information (member login)
Exemplary Program Spotlight:
- Southern University and Agricultural & Mechanical College: Interview with Dawn Kight and Malette Payne. Spring 2022.
- This program exemplifies Pedagogy and Assessment
- LaGuardia Community College: Interview with Silvia Lin Hanick and Ian McDermott. Spring 2021.
- This program exemplifies Program Sequencing and Pedagogy.
- Spartanburg Community College: Interview with Katherine Stiwinter. Spring 2020.
- This program exemplifies Administrative and Institutional Support and Program Sequencing.
- California State University, San Bernardino: Interview with Gina Schlesselman-Tarango. Spring 2018.
- This program exemplifies Pedagogy
- University of Las Vegas Nevada: Interview with Melissa Bowles-Terry. Spring 2017.
- This program exemplifies Mission, Goals & Objectives, Planning, Pedagogy, and Collaboration
- The University of Rhode Island (see pages 3-4). Spring 2016.
- This program exemplifies Goals & Objectives, Articulation within the Curriculum, and Pedagogy.
Best Practices in Information Literacy: A Look at First-Year Instruction. – April 28, 2020. Presented by the ACRL-IS Information Literacy Best Practices Committee and FYE Discussion Group.