The committee serves as a centralized hub for IS committees in order to support collective data needs. Every year the committee will conduct the Instruction Section Needs, Interest, and Satisfaction Survey among the membership for feedback. That data will be made available to committee chairs for their informed planning and decision-making. The committee also will explore opportunities to gather feedback from IS members to complement the survey. The committee increases collaborations within IS committees, including working closely with Membership and Communications committees, to help advance the goals of the Instruction Section through data collection and exchange.
View planning documents such as annual goals, measuring success reports, or annual reports by selecting the appropriate report from the IS Archive.
View minutes from committee meetings in the IS Archive (includes minutes of the former Professional Education committee).
Committee Members & Contact Information (member login)
Current Projects and Resources
- Instruction Section Needs, Interest, and Satisfaction Survey
- The survey is administered every year. Previous surveys are located in the Instruction Section Archive. Login required.
- The 2018 and 2019 surveys were coordinated by IGEC and included questions from multiple IS committees.
- The 2014 survey was a joint survey between the Professional Education Committee and the Teaching Methods Committee.
- Retired wiki: Library Instruction Courses offered by ALA-Accredited Library Schools