To promote effective leadership and management of academic library instruction programs through programs and initiatives. The committee designs and implements programming that supports librarians leading and setting strategic directions for their local instruction and information literacy programs. Addressing the unique needs of managers and coordinators, the Committee facilitates discussions about issues such as leading on campus, developing staff, and planning for the future. As part of that work, the committee promotes the Section documents Standards for Proficiencies for Instruction Librarians and Coordinators and Analyzing Your Instruction Environment: A Workbook as tools for managers and coordinators through an annual email communication with the instruction community via the ILI-L email list.
View planning documents such as annual goals, measuring success reports, or annual reports by selecting the appropriate report from the IS Archive.
View minutes from committee meetings in the IS Archive.
Committee Members & Contact Information (member login)
- *new* Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Lauren Hays, Margy MacMillan, and Melissa Mallon on Invigorating Your Library’s Teaching and Learning Culture through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning – May 1, 2019
- *new* Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Kate Deibel on Strategies for Accessibility Remediation and Prioritization for Future Compliance – April 24, 2019
- *new* Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Nicole Branch, Zoe Fisher, and Ebony Magnus on Critical Assessment Practices: A Discussion on When and How to Use Student Learning Data Without Doing Harm – March 13, 2019
- *new* Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Toni Anaya, Anastasia “Stacy” Collins, Ione Damasco, and Charlene Maxey-Harris on Mindful Leadership: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Academic Library Instruction Program – February 20, 2019
- Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Mandy Havert and Wendy Doucette on Be Your Own Mentor: Take Control of your Professional Development – February 22, 2018
- Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Stefanie Metko and Amanda MacDonald on Improving Instruction Programming through Curriculum Mapping – April 25, 2018
- Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Marybeth McCartin, Nicole Brown, Amanda Peters, and Doreen Bradley on Developing an Instruction Community of Practice – April 11, 2018
- Presentation Recording – https://youtu.be/Q0FRGMC0cfE
- Slides – Laying the Groundwork for a Community of Practice – Nicole Brown and Marybeth McCartin
- Slides – Instructor College: Creating & Sustaining a Strong Community of Practice – Amanda Peters and Doreen Bradley
- Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Sara D. Miller and Amanda Nichols Hess on Using the Framework to Foster Conversations about Information Literacy Instruction – May 31, 2016 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMSBC0WU-wc
- Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Malia Willey on Cultivating Consistency in an Instruction Program Without Much Authority – April 28, 2016 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ8_ZPeehMU&feature=youtu.be
- Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Char Booth on Cultivating Campus Collaborations – March 6th 2015 – http://ala.adobeconnect.com/p3asujae6d4/
- Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Michele Millet on Mentoring Colleagues- April 24th 2015 – http://ala.adobeconnect.com/p9hrjcn9lrx/
- Management & Leadership Committee Discussion Series – Sara Lowe on Learning Outcomes- May 6th 2015 – http://ala.adobeconnect.com/p54qgg8dc4c/
- Library 2.012 Worldwide Virtual Conference – “Analyzing Your Instructional Environment: Working Your Way Through Instructional Programming.” Presentation Recording.