Current Social Media Coordinator: Vacant
The IS Social Media Coordinator serves a two-year term beginning and ending at ALA Annual conferences, appointed on odd-numbered years. The Social Media Coordinator has an appointment as a member of the Communication Committee and, as such, participates in the work of that committee throughout the year. The Social Media Coordinator works closely with the IS Website Administrators and also works under the general direction of the IS Executive Committee and in consultation with the IS Advisory Committee.
Social Media Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing a social media presence for the Instruction Section on Facebook and Twitter in collaboration with Section committee chairs and the IS Executive Committee
- Developing and documenting sustainable listening, influencing, engagement, and measurement strategies that will build community in these spaces and promote the work of the Section
- Monitoring the Section’s social media and responding to inquiries in consultation with the appropriate Section members
- Making recommendations and implementing methods for a continuing management strategy for the Section’s social media
- ACRL Instruction Section Member
- Experience in academic libraries
- Demonstrated interest in and record of successful social media planning
- Ability to meet deadlines and to communicate and collaborate effectively through email
- Commitment to respond quickly to the Section’s needs
Appointment and term:
The IS Social Media Coordinator is appointed by the Section Vice-Chair, according to the terms and process for IS administrator positions.