ACRL is excited to offer the free ACRL Presents webcast “Hybrid Challenges in the New Normal” at 1:00 p.m. Central on Monday, February 7, 2022.
ACRL’s New Roles and Changing Landscapes Committee is focusing on the role of user experience (UX) librarianship during the pandemic. How have the users’ experiences, needs, and desires shifted? How have we as academic libraries pivoted in what we do to meet these needs? What are the challenges and opportunities of working simultaneously in in-person and virtual environments?
In these lightning talks, presenters will each discuss new initiatives established for hybrid work, covering technology challenges, OER during the pandemic, digital lending issues, and emerging add-on roles and “other duties as assigned.” We will share key points or resources needed for putting these initiatives into place at your institution.
- Tim Bottorff, Head of the Connect Libraries and the Rosen Library at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida
- Amanda Choi, librarian at Diablo Valley College—San Ramon Campus, a community college located in the Bay Area, and an adjunct instructor for DVC’s Library Technology program
- Amy Dye-Reeves, Associate Education and History Librarian at Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas
- Kelly Karst, Outreach and Instruction Librarian at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, California
- Erica Watson, Electronic Services Librarian at Contra Costa College in San Pablo, California