The ACRL Instruction Section (IS) is now accepting applications for the IS List Administrator position. The IS List Administrator serves a two-year term and is responsible for maintaining the Section’s closed committee discussion lists, under the general direction of the IS Executive Committee. The List Administrator hosts these lists at his or her home institution. The IS lists are crucial to maintaining communication within the Advisory Council, the Executive Committee, and other IS committees and task forces.
The List Administrator has an appointment as a virtual member of the Communication Committee and, as such, participates in the work of the committee throughout the year but is not is required to attend committee meetings at the ALA Annual and Midwinter conferences. This appointment will begin immediately after the ALA Annual Conference in July 2009.
* Creating lists with closed memberships for the IS Executive Committee and IS Advisory Council, as well as additional closed lists for Instruction Section committees and task forces.
* Maintaining membership of Section lists and acting as list owner for settings and other changes.
* Updating the document, “Tips for the IS Committee List Administrator,” as needed.
* Membership in the ACRL Instruction Section.
* Ability to meet deadlines and to communicate effectively through email.
* Commitment to respond quickly to the Section’s needs.
* Institutional computer resources for maintaining the Section’s closed lists.
* Experience with mailing list software or list ownership, or demonstrated ability to learn.
* Knowledge of mailing list software settings and etiquette, or demonstrated ability to learn.
Appointment and term:
The IS Committee List Administrator is a volunteer who serves a two-year term, upon selection by the Executive Committee and appointment by the Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect. This appointment begins immediately after the ALA Annual Conference in July 2009.
Please submit a curriculum vitae or resume and cover letter to Alec Sonsteby, chair, IS Communication Committee, at email@example.com. The letter of interest should outline experience and knowledge applicable to the position. Any samples of relevant work will also be accepted. The application deadline is Monday, January 5, 2009.