The ACRL Board of Directors has approved the establishment of the Diversity Alliance Task Force. The Diversity Alliance Task Force will oversee the ACRL Diversity Alliance program and will be tasked to carry out the recommendations from the current oversight task force, whose terms expire in June 2020, to grow and develop the program.
ACRL President Karen Munro and ACRL President-Elect Jon Cawthorne invite you to volunteer to serve on the task force. If you wish to be considered for an appointment, please review the information below and complete the web form by 5:00 p.m. Central on June 15, 2020.
ACRL Diversity Alliance Task Force
- Charge & Tasks: Oversees the ACRL Diversity Alliance and completes the following tasks:
- Develop best practices checklists for leaders and organizational readiness for top organizational leaders (Deans, Directors) who commit to join, support and create residency positions through the DA. This checklist can be agreed upon as leaders join the DA annually.
- Explore program assessment to identify the goals of these residencies and if member institutions are meeting them?
- Develop leadership pledge; along with the signed letter of commitment, each leader must sign leadership pledge.
- Develop member resources, including Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and organizational culture checklist; Coordinators, training for human resource professionals and department heads; Institutions who create residencies should identify travel support for residents; Clearinghouse for information, schedules and best practices for Mentors/Coordinators; Link institutional efforts through Skill type and other virtual platforms.
- Submit a report to the ACRL Board on the impact of residencies on the professional, and include stories of post-residency positions and surveys.
- Explore if/how institutions unable to create residencies can be members of the DA through contributing to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in other ways and, if possible, articulate the criteria that would allow them to become members of the DA.
- Representative from ACRL Diversity Committee
- Representative from ACRL Residency Interest Group
- Board Liaison
- Staff Liaison
- Additional member appointments at the discretion of the Vice-President/President-Elect
- Task force terms: July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022
- Interim reports submitted: January 2021, January 2022
- Final report (task 5): June 2022
The deadline to volunteer for these task forces is June 15! If you wish to be considered for appointment, complete the web form on the ACRL website (ALA website login required).
Note: Due to the timeline of this task force, the process is separate from the annual division-level and section appointments. Information on those appointments will be posted in December.