November 14-18, 2022, marks this year’s celebration of International Education Week, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences.
Celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange with these publications and programs from ACRL that help fund advocacy, research, and continuing education programs for the academic library community worldwide.
Explore ACRL’s Off-RoadShows
Bring an Off-RoadShow online experience to your institution, chapter, or consortia! These online workshops take place over multiple days, with asynchronous work for participants in between sessions. Choose from Open Educational Resources and Affordability; Putting the Standards for Libraries in Higher Education into Action; Building Your Research Data Management Toolkit; and Engaging with the ACRL Framework.
Check Out A Good Book
- Using Open Educational Resources to Promote Social Justice, edited by CJ Ivory and Angela Pashia
- Designing Libraries for the 21st Century, edited by H. Thomas Hickerson, Joan K. Lippincott, and Leonora Crema
- Implementing Excellence in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: A Handbook for Academic Libraries, edited by Corliss Lee and Brian Lym with Tatiana Bryant, Jonathan Cain, and Kenneth Schlesinger
- Ethnic Studies in Academic and Research Libraries, edited by Raymond Pun, Melissa Cardenas-Dow, and Kenya S. Flash
- Faculty-Librarian Collaborations: Integrating the Information Literacy Framework into Disciplinary Courses, edited by Michael Stöpel, Livia Piotto, Xan Goodman, and Samantha Godbey
Measure Your Impact With Project Outcome For Academic Libraries
Project Outcome is a free online toolkit designed to help libraries understand and share the impact of essential library programs and services by providing simple surveys—available in English, Spanish, French, and Arabic—and an easy-to-use process for measuring and analyzing outcomes. Participating libraries are provided with the resources and training support needed to apply their results and confidently advocate for their library’s future. Learn more about Project Outcome by hosting a webinar or workshop.
Join Us At ACRL 2023
Higher education has changed dramatically over the last few years. Academic libraries are addressing an increased emphasis on remote learning, rising calls for social justice, and an acknowledged need for flexibility that supports a sustainable work-life balance. At ACRL 2023, we will explore these issues and more around the theme of Forging the Future. If you are interested in finding strength in a community of academic library professionals, discussing our mutual issues while crafting innovative ways to solve them, enhancing relationships with faculty, and re-engaging with students, we welcome you to join us in Pittsburgh or virtually. Register by January 20, 2023, and save!
Become Part Of ACRL’s International Community
ACRL members are everywhere! With over 200 personal members and over 100 organizational members from countries outside the United States, the contributions of ACRL’s international community to academic and research librarianship across the globe are significant. Check out a few of the resources and opportunities available to you outside the United States.