The ACRL Education and Behavioral Sciences Section (EBSS) is currently seeking applications to serve a three-year term (July 2011- July 2014) as the ACRL liaison to the Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education (SITE). Liaisons are responsible for outreach, education, and communication between SITE and ACRL in order to form strong relationships and advance the interests of ACRL and EBSS.
SITE’s mission reads “The Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education is an international association of individual teacher educators, and affiliated organizations of teacher educators in all disciplines, who are interested in the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the use of information technology in teacher education and faculty/staff development. The Society seeks to promote research, scholarship, collaboration, exchange, and support among its membership, and to actively foster the development of new national organizations where a need emerges. SITE is the only organization that has as its sole focus the integration of instructional technologies into teacher education programs.” For more information about the organization, please visit http://site.aace.org/ or contact the current SITE/ACRL Liaison Vanessa Earp (firstname.lastname@example.org). A compilation of SITE Liaison reports (2008 – 2010) is available on ALA Connect.
Deadline for Applications
Nominees must submit:
– A letter of application articulating qualifications to Stephanie Davis-Kahl, EBSS Chair (email@example.com)
– A current vita
– Current member of EBSS and ACRL
– Experience with teacher education students and faculty
– Interest in coordinating activities to increase interaction between SITE and ACRL
– Financial support to attend SITE Annual Conferences for the length of the three-year term if not funded by ACRL (Note: EBSS can provide some limited funding)
– Experience with or interest in integrating information technology into teacher education
– Experience with or interest in outreach and education efforts
– Excellent communication skills
– Record of serving EBSS and/or ACRL on committees, task forces, etc.
– Current membership in SITE
– Advanced degree or credential in teaching
Selection Process Timeline
– May 23 – 27: EBSS Executive Committee reviews submitted applications.
– May 30: EBSS Executive Committee contacts successful candidate.
If you have any questions, please contact EBSS Chair Stephanie Davis-Kahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.