1. Describe yourself in three words: Quirky birder librarian.
2. What are you reading right now? October 1964 by David Halberstam.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Where leadership flourishes.
4. Why did you join ACRL? I joined ACRL to contribute to the profession at its highest level, and I remain because of the amazing people there who thought to do the same.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? As academic or research librarians, we operate in a substantive information environment – apart from ever-propagating dross – and the services we provide very literally facilitate the creation of new knowledge.
6. In your own words: As an academic librarian, I am always on; there is no off switch. And that is the wonderful part . . .
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at email@example.com for more information.