1. Describe yourself in three words: Resourceful, Social, Patient.
2. What are you reading right now (or listening to on your iPod)? Right now I’m reading Afternoon Raag by Amit Chaudhuri. I’m enjoying the Barbershop Quartet genre on my iPod.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Innovative, Learning, Proactive.
4. Why did you join ACRL? To keep up with the ways academic librarianship is constantly changing!
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? I appreciate the variety it offers me in my job: interaction, focus, experimentation.
6. In your own words: I live in an outpost, rural town and work at the local community college. I consider myself a “frontier librarian” in more ways than the obvious geographical sense. There’s the information frontier and the technology frontier to wrangle. I’m a new ACRL member and I hope to build a community of support so I don’t feel all alone “out here.”
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.