1. Describe yourself in three words: Innovative, eager, thoughtful.
3. Describe ACRL in three words: Professional, enlightening, knowledgeable.
4. Why did you join ACRL? I joined ACRL mainly for the insight it provides into academic/research libraries. I was looking for a source where I could gain deeper insight into academic library issues. I find the articles useful and the added benefit of the blogs ACRL provides is another bonus.
5. What do you value about academic or research librarianship? I work at a community college library and enjoy the interactions with students and faculty. The appreciation that students have for all of our efforts in guiding them to become information literate is very fulfilling. Many of our students come back and let us know how well they performed on their assignments and thank us for our assistance.
6. In your own words: The beginning to lifelong learning begins in the Library.
Editor’s Note: Are you an ACRL member? Would you like to be featured as ACRL Member of the Week? Nominate a colleague? Contact Mary Jane Petrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. ï»¿