The ACRL Liaison Coordinating Committee is currently seeking applications to serve a three-year term (July 2011 to June 2014) as the ACRL Liaison to the Society for College and University Planning (SCUP). Liaisons are responsible for outreach, education and communication between SCUP and ACRL in order to demonstrate the value-added asset libraries and librarians are to the liaison organization’s goals and to model effective partnerships between librarians and other professionals within the liaison organization.
The Society for College and University Planning (SCUP) is a community of senior, higher education leaders who are responsible for, or are involved in, the integration of planning on their campuses and for the professionals who support them.
Deadline for Applications
Review of applications will begin on November 4, 2011, and continue until the position is filled.
Nominees must submit:
- A letter of application articulating qualifications to Debbie Malone, Chair, Liaison Coordinating Committee at Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or DeSales University, 2755 Station Avenue, Center Valley, PA 18034.
- A current vita
- Current member of ACRL
- Experience with one or more aspects of institutional planning
- Interest in coordinating activities to demonstrate value added asset libraries and librarians are to SCUP and to establish a strong relationship between ACRL and SCUP.
- Experience with or interest in outreach and education efforts
- Excellent communication skills
- Record of serving ACRL on committees, task forces, etc.
Contact Liaison Coordinating Committee Chair Debbie Malone at Debbie.email@example.com with questions about the application process.