The deadline for volunteering for an ACRL division-level committee is Tuesday, February 15, and I would like to invite you to volunteer. Serving on ACRL committees can be a greatly rewarding experience. Volunteers benefit by:
- making connections with academic and research librarians around the country,
- enhancing their leadership abilities through consensus building and project management,
- sharing their experience with colleagues,
- gaining additional expertise about a new area of academic librarianship or updating expertise in a current specialization, and
- advancing the work of the association and the profession.
Visit the ACRL website for complete details, including volunteer requirements and a link to the online volunteer form. Please contact ACRL Program Officer Adam Burling at email@example.com or (312) 280-2521 with questions about the volunteer process.
I look forward to your service!
2010-2011 ACRL Vice-President/ President-Elect