The first-year director must:
- be a new director at a small U.S. four year college library (fewer than 3500 undergraduate FTE) and cannot have previously been a director at a small college library (For the 2021-2022 cohort, directors who began their new positions in 2020 are considered “new”);
- agree to participate in the seminar;
- agree to meet with the mentor at least twice during the year;
- participate in several webinars in the fall before the seminar; and,
- provide a brief report after each meeting and at the end of the year to Melissa Jadlos, the program’s co-director.
The experienced director serving as a mentor must:
- agree to meet with the first-year director at least twice during the year;
- participate in a mentoring best practices webinar in the fall;
- provide a brief report after each meeting; and,
- complete a survey at the end of the year.