The DOLS Discussion Group promotes the sharing of expertise and ideas related to distance and online services and resources. Event information is sent through the ALA email@example.com discussion list. Recordings of events can be found on ACRL’s YouTube channel.
- On May 10, 2023, the DOLS Discussion Group help an online interactive workshop on Writing for Instruction Materials facilitated by Heidi Burkhardt. A recording of this event is available online.
- During the month of March, the DOLS Discussion Group held a virtual digital learning object feedback event where members could post digital learning objects and receive feedback from peers on the DOLS private Facebook group,.
- On January 31, 2022, the DOLS Research and Publications Committee hosted an author forum on the changing publishing landscape for online librarians. A recording of this event is available online.
- On March 30, 2022, the DOLS Discussion Group hosted the panel discussion, Copyright for Online and Distance Librarians. A recording of this event is available online.
- On June 6, 2022, the DOLS Discussion Group and the DOLS Conference Program Planning Committee hosted the Designing Accessible and Inclusive Online Tutorials event. A recording of this event is available online.
- On Monday, November 14, 2022, the DOLS Discussion Group held the annual Ask the Room online event.
- On Monday, November 15, 2021, the DOLS Discussion Group held the annual Ask the Room online event.
- DOLS AC&DG: Awards Reception and Lightning Talk
- Discussion Group Event
- Discussion Group Spring Panel Event
- Discussion Group Event: Ask the Room: Perspectives on Remote Librarianship
- Discussion Group Event Spring Exchange Notes
- Discussion Group Event: Ask the Room: Software for Remote Library Services
- Discussion Group Ask the Room Event: Follow up
- Discussion Forum: Online Learning & Non-Traditional Student Populations
- Discussion Group’s Fall Check-in: Instruction & Library Services during COVID-19
- Discussion Group’s Fall Check-in: Instruction & Library Services during COVID-19: Semester Wrap-Up
- Discussion Group Event: Ask the Room
- Discussion Group Ask a Question Event
- Discussion Group: Ask the Room Forum: Strategic Planning for Distance Library Services
- Discussion Group Event: Ask the Room: Teaching Information Literacy in Online Spaces
- Discussion Group Spring Forum
- DLS Roundtable on Inclusive Teaching
- Discussion Group Fall Forum on Open Educational Resources
- Discussion Group Event: Using the Community of Inquiry to Engage Online Students
- DLS Roundtable Conversation: Tools for Online Learning
- DLSDG Round Table Discussion: Assessing Asynchronous Engagement
- Discussion Group Presents: Highlighting the Work of Heather Blicher, Distance Librarianship Award Winner
- ACRL DLS Assessment at a Distance: In Theory and Practice Meeting
- Show and Tell: Cool Tools for Distance Library Services (DLS Dg Post-Annual Event)
- Discussion Group Round Table Conversation: All about Videos
- Virtual Panel Discussion on Defining Distance in the Academic Library
- Discussion Group Hosts Framework Workshop
- Join the DLS Discussion Group at ALA
- Discussion Group: Topics of Interest Survey
- DLS DG Webinar: The Research and Inquiry Framework in Distance Education Courses
- Discussion Group at Midwinter
- Discussion Group at Annual 2014