The DOLS Discussion Group promotes the sharing of expertise and ideas related to distance and online services and resources. Event information is sent through ALA Connect. Recordings of events can be found on ACRL’s YouTube channel.
- The DOLS Discussion Group held an “Ask the Room” event on October 23, 2023 about encouraging and empowering individual content creation and implementation while also maintaining accessibility and consistency. Notes from the session are available online.
- The DOLS Discussion Group held an asynchronous event during the month of May where members posted about professional development opportunities. The comments can be accessed on Padlet.
- On May 10, 2023, the DOLS Discussion Group help an online interactive workshop on Writing for Instruction Materials facilitated by Heidi Burkhardt. A recording of this event is available online.
- During the month of March, the DOLS Discussion Group held a virtual digital learning object feedback event where members could post digital learning objects and receive feedback from peers on the DOLS private Facebook group,.
- On January 31, 2022, the DOLS Research and Publications Committee hosted an author forum on the changing publishing landscape for online librarians. A recording of this event is available online.
- On March 30, 2022, the DOLS Discussion Group hosted the panel discussion, Copyright for Online and Distance Librarians. A recording of this event is available online.
- On June 6, 2022, the DOLS Discussion Group and the DOLS Conference Program Planning Committee hosted the Designing Accessible and Inclusive Online Tutorials event. A recording of this event is available online.
- On Monday, November 14, 2022, the DOLS Discussion Group held the annual Ask the Room online event.
- On Monday, November 15, 2021, the DOLS Discussion Group held the annual Ask the Room online event.
- DOLS AC&DG: Awards Reception and Lightning Talk
- Discussion Group Event
- Discussion Group Spring Panel Event
- Discussion Group Event: Ask the Room: Perspectives on Remote Librarianship
- Discussion Group Event Spring Exchange Notes
- Discussion Group Event: Ask the Room: Software for Remote Library Services
- Discussion Group Ask the Room Event: Follow up
- Discussion Forum: Online Learning & Non-Traditional Student Populations
- Discussion Group’s Fall Check-in: Instruction & Library Services during COVID-19
- Discussion Group’s Fall Check-in: Instruction & Library Services during COVID-19: Semester Wrap-Up
- Discussion Group Event: Ask the Room
- Discussion Group Ask a Question Event
- Discussion Group: Ask the Room Forum: Strategic Planning for Distance Library Services
- Discussion Group Event: Ask the Room: Teaching Information Literacy in Online Spaces
- Discussion Group Spring Forum
- DLS Roundtable on Inclusive Teaching
- Discussion Group Fall Forum on Open Educational Resources
- Discussion Group Event: Using the Community of Inquiry to Engage Online Students
- DLS Roundtable Conversation: Tools for Online Learning
- DLSDG Round Table Discussion: Assessing Asynchronous Engagement
- Discussion Group Presents: Highlighting the Work of Heather Blicher, Distance Librarianship Award Winner
- ACRL DLS Assessment at a Distance: In Theory and Practice Meeting
- Show and Tell: Cool Tools for Distance Library Services (DLS Dg Post-Annual Event)
- Discussion Group Round Table Conversation: All about Videos
- Virtual Panel Discussion on Defining Distance in the Academic Library
- Discussion Group Hosts Framework Workshop
- Join the DLS Discussion Group at ALA
- Discussion Group: Topics of Interest Survey
- DLS DG Webinar: The Research and Inquiry Framework in Distance Education Courses
- Discussion Group at Midwinter
- Discussion Group at Annual 2014