Wednesday, April 28, 2021
1:00-2:00 P.M. EST
- Megan Bennett, Farmington Public Library, New Mexico, firstname.lastname@example.org (co-chair)
- Masha Stepanova, Miami University, email@example.com (co-chair)
- Lisa Baker, University of Miami, firstname.lastname@example.org (member)
- Dick Hacken, Brigham Young University, email@example.com (webmaster)
- Brendan Nieubuurt, University of Michigan, firstname.lastname@example.org (member)
- Anna Rakityanskaya, Harvard University, email@example.com (member)
- Kathleen Smith, Stanford University, firstname.lastname@example.org (member)
- Brian Vetruba, University of Minnesota, email@example.com (Communications and Publications chair)
I. Section editors reports
- Notes from the Chair (Thomas) – received and will be forwarded to Lisa Baker to be published
- News (Masha and Brendan) – received and/or solicited about 10 submissions
- Professional opportunities (Marta, absent) – Anna will help gather materials
- Workshops and webinars
- Calls for submissions
- Committee openings/service opportunities/how to get involved
- Feature articles (Megan, Anna, and Brendan) – one feature article and one conference report so far
- Humor (Kathleen) – one humorous article submitted and several smaller bits gathered
II. Format and esthetics
- Templates for sections have been posted by Deb and her team. Each template also contains instructions at the top.
- The front page will only contain the Notes from the Chair and the 3-4 main sections of the newsletter with an image. Lisa will be responsible for the front page.
- Each image and section title (News, Feature articles, Professional Opportunities (?), Humor) will be linked to its own page
- It will be up to the editors to organize the content or create even more pages.
III. Message from Brian
- The Communications and Publications Committee meeting at Annual will include the Newsletter Committee meeting (45 minutes each committee). Brian will send Zoom invitations to Newsletter members.
IV. Word Press training (Dick)
- Dick provided thorough training on how to add, edit, and publish content on Word Press. The training was recorded and will be emailed to everyone. Dick welcomed any questions about the publishing process to be directed to him.
Minutes submitted by Masha Stepanova