ALA Midwinter Meeting, Boston
WESS Germanists Discussion Group and Romance Languages Discussion Group Joint Meeting
Sunday, January 17, 2010
10:30am – 12:00pm
Westin Boston Waterfront, Hancock Room
- Deb Raftus, Romance Languages Discussion Group, University of Washington
- Anna Shparberg, Germanists Discussion Group, Rice University
I. Introductions, Announcements, Acknowledgements from the Conveners (10:30)
- Electronic Enlightenment 2 update announcement. Oxford University Press (10:35)
II. Discussion (10:40-11:49)
- Topic: Cultural centers and academic libraries: Opportunities for collaboration.
- Cultural Centers such as the Alliance Française, the Goethe-Institut, and the Instituto Cervantes are dedicated to promoting language and culture around the world. Academic librarians strive to do the same in their own communities.
- Please join us as we explore potential partnerships through the discussion of cultural center services, programs and resources.
- Speaker: Nicole Malo, Member Liaison, French Library Alliance Française of Boston. (10:40)
- Speaker: Brigitte Doellgast, Head of the Library and Information Department, Goethe-Institut New York. (11:00)
- Speaker: Deb Raftus, Romance Languages & Literatures Librarian, on working with the Cervantes Institute. (11:20)
- Questions (11:40)