Purpose and Origins
To discuss topics of current interest relating to the acquisition, organization, and use of materials emanating from the Nordic countries of Europe (i.e. Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland) or pertaining to any aspect of Scandinavian or Nordic Studies.
Established in 1990, this discussion group meets annually and is led by two conveners who are selected from within the discussion group and serve for two-year, overlapping terms. The first meeting of WESS librarians with an interest in Scandinavian materials, collection development, and related services took place at the 1991 Annual ALA Conference in Atlanta.
- Dr. Todd Michelson-Ambelang (Co-convener, July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023)
- Christine Ericson (Co-convener, July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023)
See ACRL website for previous years’ membership.
Agendas and Minutes
- 2023 Annual (Chicago)
- 2022 Midwinter (Virtual)
- 2019 Midwinter (Seattle)
- 2018 Midwinter (Denver)
- 2017 Midwinter (Atlanta)
- 2016 Midwinter (Boston)
- 2015 Midwinter (Chicago)
- 2014 Midwinter (Philadelphia)
- 2013 Annual (Chicago)
- 2013 Midwinter (Seattle)
- 2009 Midwinter (Denver)
- 2008 Midwinter (Philadelphia)
- 2006 Midwinter (San Antonio)
- 2005 Annual (Chicago)
- 2005 Midwinter (Boston)
- 2004 Annual (Orlando)
- 2004 Midwinter (San Diego)
- 2003 Annual (Toronto)
- 2002 Midwinter (New Orleans)
- 2001 Midwinter (Washington, D.C.)
- 2000 Annual (Chicago)
- 2000 Midwinter (San Antonio)
- 1999 Annual (New Orleans)
- 1999 Midwinter (Philadelphia)
- 1998 Traveling Exhibit Description and B
Electronic Discussion List
Library issues related to Nordic area studies and the Scandinavian Discussion List.
For information, see NORD-LIB Discussion Group in the Scandinavian Studies Research Guide
The Scandinavian Studies Research Guide lists scholarly sources in Scandinavian and Nordic Studies.