ALA Midwinter Meeting, New Orleans
WESS Scandinavian Discussion Group and Special Topics Discussion Group Joint Meeting
January 19, 2002
11:30am – 12:30pm
Morial Convention Center, Room 269
- John Dillon, Chair, Scandinavian Discussion Group
- Sebastian Hierl, Chair, Special Topics Discussion Group
I. The Scandinavian and Special Topics Discussion Groups will hold a combined session on aspects of collection management, acquisitions, and reference for fine arts materials from Scandinavian countries.
- Featured will be brief presentations by Geri Laudati, :
- Director, Mills Music Library, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Vanessa Kam, Assistant Art Librarian at Stanford University.
- Whereas most of us do not have Art or Music in our job descriptions, many of us do work with academic departments, programs, concentrations, etc. in Scandinavian Studies part of whose mission is to inform our communities about aspects of Scandinavian culture, including art and music.
- This will be an opportunity for us to explore ways both of representing “our” user communities and their needs to colleagues in Art and Music and of making our Scandinavian expertise available to these colleagues more generally. Y’all please come!
- The Scandinavian Discussion Group usually holds its major meeting of the year at Midwinter. The Special Topics Discussion Group, on the other hand, ordinarily meets only at the ALA Annual Meetings in the summer. Whereas we expect that these arrangements will continue in the future, we hope that this joint session will be useful to members of both groups.
See you in New Orleans!
John Dillon, Chair, Scandinavian Discussion Group
Sebastian Hierl, Chair, Special Topics Discussion Group