ALA Annual Meeting, Chicago
WESS Scandinavian Discussion Group Meeting
Sunday, June 26, 2005
8:30 – 10:30am
Palmer House Hiltion, Dearborn 1
- Gordon Anderson
I. Welcome and introduction; Volunteer to take minutes
II. Announcements; News from our Libraries
III. Featured Presentation:
- “Building Connections and Collections: an American Librarian in Denmark.”
- Jeff Sundquist, Associate Librarian, Share Print & JSTOR Archive, UCLA Libraries
IV. Special topic
- A visit to the Swedish American Museum Center that will take place following the Germanists Discussion Group meeting.
- The Museum is located at 5211 North Clark Street.
- Click on Välkommen! to enter heir web site.
- The Museum is open 11:00 am – 4:00 pm on Sundays.
- Following the Germanists Discussion Group meeting, let us meet in the lobby of the Palmer House and at 12:15 pm proceed to the nearest Red-Line EL station for a $2.00 ride to the Museum.
- The tour is scheduled to begin at 1:00.
- I am told that taking the El and walking to the Museum from the Berwyn Station takes no more time than does a taxi-ride from the Palmer House to the Museum.
V. Other topics (we probably won’t have time to go through this list), for example:
- Gifts of Scandinavian books – before the flood, après le deluge.
- Report on vendors
- Research on new electronic resources
- Conference reports SASS, trip reports, research topics
Med hjärtliga hälsningar,
Librarian for Scandinavian & Slavic Area Studies
University of Minnesota Libraries