ALA Annual Meeting, New Orleans
WESS Scandinavian Discussion Group Meeting
Saturday, June 26, 1999
11:30am – 12:30pm
Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Room 342
- 17 attendees
I. Welcome and Introductions
II. Discussion Group Business and Institutional News
- Charles Spetland (Minnesota) shared information on recent developments at the National Library of Norway, the University of Oslo’s new library building, and the Royal Library in Copenhagen. Spetland also provided information about the new electronic National Biography of Finland and a few new Finnish sites of interest.
- References were made to the following URLS, of which many may no longer be valid – RdH/2003
- John Dillon, Wisconsin, announced that the 100th annual meeting of the Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Study would be held in Madison, WI, May 4-6, 2000. Dillon and Mariann Tiblin, Minnesota, are members of the program committee and invite ideas for library and archives related sessions.
- Richard Hacken, Brigham Young, gave a brief update on the Scandinavian Studies Web.
- Zuzana Helinsky (Library Service Ltd. of Sweden) reminded the group of the Gothenburg Book Fair held each September.
- McKim was chosen as chair of the group for the Midwinter and Annual meetings in 2000.
Minutes submitted by Charles G. Spetland, University of Minnesota