Deadline for submission: Friday, March 31, 2023
This is a call for submissions to the third issue of the electronic ACRL European Studies Section (ESS) Newsletter. Embracing the recent merger of SEES and WESS, the Newsletter reflects the state of European Studies Librarianship, equally representing East and West. The newsletter resides on the ESS website, where you can also see archives of past WESS and SEES newsletters. The third issue of the ESS newsletter will be posted around the ALA Annual conference in June.
We rely heavily on your contributions to the Newsletter, and we hope that you will consider adding your news and featured articles to this year’s publication. Please, send your submissions to the individuals listed below for each section, or contact the committee chair. You do not need to be a member of ESS to submit content to the Newsletter. Content submissions in languages other than English are encouraged.
We are always interested in current world events and how they influence European Librarianship (such as the Russian Invasion of Ukraine and the recent Italian election).
Deadline for submission is Friday, March 31, 2023. If you would like to submit something to the 2023 Newsletter, but do not think you will be able to make the submission date, please contact either the section editor or the committee chair.
Some possible topics of submission can include but are not limited to:
Section editors: Megan Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lucia A. Wolf (email@example.com). Submissions from non-ESS members are encouraged, as are submissions in languages other than English.
- News from the profession
- News from abroad
- News from vendors (vendor relations committee, we are looking at you!)
- Conferences held in the U.S. or Canada
- Consortia news
- Exhibitions (including digital exhibitions)
- Reports from GNARP, SEEMP, CIFNAL, ASEEES, AIFBD, SALALM, WESLINE, etc.
- Newly available research tools, collections, databases, etc.
Section Editors: Chella Vaidyanathan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lia Chaleva (email@example.com). Submissions from non-ESS members are encouraged, as are submissions in languages other than English.
- Material culture
- Digital collections
- Collection highlights
- New or continuing projects or initiatives of ESS libraries
- Conference reflections, and articles on diversity reflected in collections
Book reviews and What Am I Reading?
Section Editor: Megan Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Book reviews: Short, 200-word reviews of new books of interest to ESS members
- What Am I Reading?: Title, author, publisher, and publication date. Would you recommend the book? If the book is in a language other than English, please add a one to two sentence summary of the book in English.
No section editor at this time, so please email any member of the committee.
- Amusing book titles
- Book or film reviews
- Anything that will make fellow librarians smile
Anything else of interest to the ESS librarian community
Please email your submissions to the appropriate section editor! If you are not sure where your submission goes or if it would be a good fit for the newsletter, please, contact the committee chair Megan Bennett (email@example.com). Submissions from non-ESS members are encouraged, as are submissions in languages other than English.