Deadline for submission: Thursday, March 31, 2022
This is a call for submissions to the second issue of the electronic ACRL European Studies Section (ESS) Newsletter. Embracing the recent merger of SEES and WESS, the Newsletter reflects the state of European Studies Librarianship, equally representing East and West. The newsletter resides on the ESS website, where you can also see archives of past WESS and SEES newsletters. The second issue of the ESS newsletter will be posted before the ALA Annual conference in June.
We rely heavily on your contributions to the Newsletter, and we hope that you will consider adding your news and featured articles to this year’s publication. Please, send your submissions to the individuals listed below for each section.
Deadline for submission is Thursday, March 31, 2022.
Special Section on Ukraine
For this issue of the newsletter, we welcome in particular submissions covering the Russian invasion of Ukraine with focus on librarianship. Content can be submitted in languages other than English. For these submissions we will be happy to extend the deadline (please, indicate your timeframe in the submission form).
Some other possible topics of submission can include but are not limited to:
- News from the profession
- News from abroad
- News from vendors (vendor relations committee, we are looking at you!)
- Conferences held in the U.S. or Canada
- Consortia news
- Exhibitions (including digital exhibitions)
- Reports from GNARP, SEEMP, CIFNAL, ASEEES, AIFBD, SALALM, WESLINE, etc.
- Newly available research tools, collections, databases, etc.
- Material culture
- Digital collections
- Collection highlights
- New or continuing projects or initiatives of ESS libraries
- Conference reflections, and articles on diversity reflected in collections
- Short, 200-word reviews of new books of interest to ESS members
- Amusing book titles
- Book or film reviews
- Anything that will make fellow librarians smile
Anything else of interest to the ESS librarian community
Please, submit your entries through the Google Form. If you are not sure how to do this or have trouble with the form, please, contact the co-chairs, Megan Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Masha Stepanova (email@example.com).