Harvard University seeks to attract candidates, especially members of historically underrepresented ethnic groups, and those committed to increasing the pipeline of talented individuals and professional opportunities for those interested in careers in academic libraries. Applicants must have up to three years of library experience with a preferred background in global studies, social science or archives. The 2017-2018 residency in partnership with the ACRL Diversity Alliance and Harvard’s Administrative Fellowship Program (AFP) seeks applicants with a Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or equivalent accredited graduate degree and backgrounds in global studies, social science or archives.
- Fellows receive salaries and are placed in full-time work assignments in Harvard Libraries for the duration of the Program.
- Seminars, lectures and case studies have been designed for the Fellows to enhance library management and administrative skills, self-assessment and career development.
- Evaluation of the applications will be based on professional achievement, interviews at Harvard, and suitability for the Fellowship.
- Participation in the Administrative Fellows portion of the Fellowship is monthly beginning September, 2017 through August, 2018.
- The Fellowship will commence on July 3, 2017 through June 30, 2019.
- Application deadline: May 5, 2017.
- Fellow for Immigration and Migration Studies
- Visiting Project Archivist, Houghton Library
If you have additional questions, please contact: Lori Cawthorne, Senior Human Resources Consultant @ firstname.lastname@example.org