Ride the Rails & Meeting Agenda for ALA 2010
Come “Ride the Rails” with your favorite Residents as they take you on a journey through the cultured neighborhood of Dupont Circle.
Learn all about Residency programs and enjoy the delicious cocktails at the best mexican restaurant in DC! Good times! We’ll meet on Friday at 7 at the entrance to the ALA store after you’ve gotten all vendored-out. We’ll take the Metro 3 stops to Dupont where we will disembark for fun and conversation! See you there!
835 18th St. NW
The average dinner prices, should you choose to purchase food, will be about $15 (you can spend less or more) and cocktails range from $4 for beer to $9 for cocktails. Residents and anyone who is interested in getting to know Residents/about residencies, friends and significant others welcome.
We hope you can join us.
The group will be having it’s regular business meeting on Sunday June 27th from 8 AM-10 AM at The Capitol Hilton Hotel in South American room A. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
Administrative Items (55 minutes)
1. Welcome and introductions
2. Minutes Recorder/ Secretary for this Meeting
3. Listserv and blog update
4. Update from the ACRL Communities of Practice Assembly
5. Nominations and Election of the next Incoming Convener to replace Patricia Macdonald
6. Discussion of draft of Governing Procedures for the Residency Interest Group
7. Discussion of the draft of the Residency Interest Group activities and programs that were carried out from June 2009 through May 2010 in support of the ACRL Strategic Plan 2020
8. Patricia Macdonald, Incoming Convener discussion for the coming year
9. Announcements from the Group
Wrap-Up (5 minutes)
Discussion Topics related to Life Post Residency (55 minutes)
1. Presenting residency position in resume and cover letter?
2. Maintaining a positive web presence?
3. Transitioning after residency?
4. Other Topics of Interest?
Closing and Wrap-up (5 minutes)