I hope this message finds you and yours well. Below is a link to the open letter addressed to residency coordinators, deans, and library leadership.
The letter is focused on institutions keeping diversity residents and fellows (who are in precarious position along with many others) at the forefront as they are dealing with the COVID-19 crisis. Also that now more than ever, institutions should be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts as this public health crisis put a disproportionate amount of pressure on already vulnerable underrepresented groups. This letter provides recommendations for institutions. DEI is not an option or luxury. Supporting early-career librarians of color in spite of crises, budget constraints, and more.
Thank you so much to the document contributors who are listed below.
- Kalani Adolpho (Archivist, University of Miami Libraries; former Diversity Resident Librarian, University of Wisconsin)
- Deborah Yun Caldwell (Diversity Resident Librarian, UNC Greensboro)
- Ana Corral (Resident Librarian, Virginia Tech University Libraries)
- Sheila Garcia (2020-21 Convener, Residency Interest Group/Liaison Librarian, Grand Valley State University)
- Deborah Lilton
- Mallary Rawls
- Sara Rogers
- Denisse Solis (Residency Librarian, University of Denver)
- Willa Tavernier
- Lettycia Terrones
- Maij Xyooj (Resident Librarian for South Asian Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison)