|Instruction & Online Learning Resident Librarian, Fort Lewis College – Reed Library|
Reed Library, as a member of the ACRL Diversity Alliance, seeks an early-career librarian to participate in a Diversity Residency program and serve in the role of Instruction & Online Learning Resident Librarian. The Diversity Residency program will provide a collaborative, supportive environment to allow the Resident Librarian to gain the skills and competencies required to thrive in academia and as a library professional. We encourage applicants from historically underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
The Instruction & Online Learning Resident Librarian is a temporary, 24-month, exempt staff appointment reporting to the Library Director. This position oversees the information literacy instruction programs and activities of Reed Library and creates digital learning objects in support of students in online environments.
The Resident Librarian will serve in the duties outlined below and also take part in a rigorous professional-development experience with dedicated funding that includes mentoring, participation in shared governance, and opportunities to engage with students and the broader community.
• ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science or equivalent degree, completed within the last three years, or with an expected graduation date before December 31, 2023. The date of hire must be after degree completion.
• Any combination of experience and coursework in the fundamentals of information literacy, instruction, online learning and instructional technology in an academic environment
• Demonstrated organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide oversight and direction of integrated instruction program
• Develop content and materials utilized in in-person integrated instruction
• Create and maintain standardized instruction content for Composition classes based on national standards/rubrics/frameworks for information literacy
• Provide research and information literacy instruction for all or majority of Composition courses
• Assess information literacy instruction program and provide feedback based on best practices
• Maintain library instruction calendar
• Create and collaborate to make online tutorials for the library instruction program as well as library services and resources using appropriate software
• Ensure library services meet standards for providing services to distance education students
• Utilize campus course management software to develop was in which to integrate library instruction and resource into course modules across the curriculum
• Create digital and multimedia for Composition library instruction program
• Provide academic reference service in-person, using chat and email, and through individual research appointments
• Liaise with assigned academic departments to provide specialized instruction, collection development, faculty support, and student research assistance
• Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
• Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will be required to submit original, official college transcripts, and pass a background check.
A complete application packet includes:
• Cover letter addressing interest and qualifications for the position
• Include details regarding how your personal and professional experiences allow you to encourage a learning environment grounded in equity and inclusion. “How do you envision contributing to Fort Lewis College’s commitment to equity and inclusion?”
• Names and contact information for three current, professional references
The salary range for this position is $51,500 to $57,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Application materials received by July 31, 2023, will receive full consideration.
The position will remain open until filled.
|Type of Appointment|
A temporary, 24-month, exempt staff appointment reporting to the Library Director.