|University of Colorado Boulder Libraries: Inaugural Cohort – Librarians of the Future Diversity Residency Program (Two Positions)|
The University of Colorado Libraries encourages applications for two Interdisciplinary Librarians as part of the Librarians of the Future Diversity Residency Program for three-year research faculty appointments. The purpose of this program is to introduce early career professionals, and in particular, members of historically underrepresented groups, to career opportunities in academic librarianship, which will enrich the profession by introducing new perspectives and fostering connections among librarians from diverse backgrounds. As part of a three-month onboarding process, the participants will set goals with the Program Facilitator, and will meet with stakeholders from the Libraries and learn about the different facets involved in academic librarianship. At the end of the three-month period, the Interdisciplinary Librarians will identify two areas of interest from a pool of opportunities available within the Libraries that they would like to pursue in a collaborative project. During the remainder of years one and two, the residents will work on collaborative projects with faculty mentors in two selected areas of interest within the Libraries to develop librarianship skills and consider how the practice of librarianship informs research. Some of these research outcomes could be presenting at a conference or authoring/co-authoring an article, for example. During the final year, the Interdisciplinary Librarians will propose and lead their own projects. The Interdisciplinary Librarians will gain project management and leadership experience, as well as engage in research activities related to the project.
The two Interdisciplinary Librarian Residents will be hired as full-time research faculty appointments with annual workload distribution of 40% librarianship, 40% scholarly and creative work, and 20% service. Appointments will be for three years.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
• Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or a combination of relevant experience and a terminal degree in a related field completed within the last two years, or with an expected graduation date before August 1, 2023.
• Experience working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives in a professional environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion and to fostering a diverse educational environment.
• Experience in a research-oriented environment (such as an internship or practicum).
• Demonstrated ability to work productively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and manage projects.
Responsibilities are drawn from the two available areas of interest selected by the Interdisciplinary Librarian with input from the team/chapter leader and include active participation in supporting library services. Emphasis in each area should be reflected in the Interdisciplinary Librarian annual goals.
• Librarianship: Once offered the position, primary responsibilities and project work will be decided by the Interdisciplinary Librarian and Program Facilitator (first-level evaluator). The Program Facilitator may also recommend joining a particular group within the Libraries based on the Interdisciplinary Librarian’s interest; for example, the User Experience Community of Practice.
• Research: The Interdisciplinary Librarian will propose their own research agenda or ideas.
• Service: The Interdisciplinary Librarian is expected to participate in national and internal library service.
Please submit the following materials to apply by May 29:
1. A cover letter, professional narrative, or statement of interest addressing:
• The skills/areas you would like to develop and improve through this experience
• Some description of experience or projects undertaken during degree program or work
• And, how you will apply a diverse perspective to fostering an inclusive educational environment
$67,000 to $71,000/year
May 29, 2023
|Type of Appointment|
|||||Three-year research facutly appointments|