Call For Proposals:
From Groundwork to Action, The National Diversity in Libraries Biennial Conference
July 14-16, 2010
Program proposals deadline extended, now due on October 16, 2009.
Poster Session proposals are due on December 22, 2009.
This event enables a regional discussion of current diversity issues with an emphasis on the host region.
Conference presentations are sought in all areas of diversity, including but not limited to, the following:
- Workplace: administration and management; recruitment and retention; leadership; continuing education; mentoring; organizational culture; office environment; budgeting; motivation; staff skill development; cross-training; usability.
- User services: reference; collections; programming; health education; assessment; instructional design; marketing; collaborations; community spaces/learning spaces; outreach; the Library as a Place; customer service; consumerization; usability.
- Technology: emerging technologies; technology services; social networking; teaching and learning; innovations; online learning; core competencies; Library 2.0; YouTube; digitization; open source; visual media; web-based collaborative software; learning 2.0, second life; widgets/applications/mashups; virtual libraries/scan on demand.
Presentations may take one of the following formats:
- Individual presentation
- Poster session – Deadline for submissions December 22, 2009
- Panel session
Previous NDLC Post Conference Materials by ACRL Residency Interest Group Members:
- Database Project Slides(Campbell and Collins) (PDF)
- Data Project Statistics sample (Campbell and Collins) (PDF)
- Past, Present, Future of Residency Programs Slides (Perez) (PDF)
- Past, Present, Future of Residency Programs Transcript (Perez) (PDF)
- Preceptor Bibliography (Perez) (PDF)
If you have additional questions about the conference please e-mail ndlc2010 (at) Princeton (dot) EDU (You will be required to confirm that you are sending a message to this email address.)