The NCSU Libraries Fellows program offers a unique opportunity to a select group of M.L.S. and M.I.S. graduates who will receive the degree between September 2013 and August 2014. Fellows will be appointed at the rank of librarian for a two-year term from July 2014 through June 2016. An option for January or September placement may be available, depending upon graduation date. The NCSU Libraries is particularly well known for its digital library programs, its technological advances, and its commitment to defining the future of librarianship. The NCSU Libraries offers Fellows the opportunity for rapid professional growth through assignment to one of the Libraries’ strategic initiatives, combined with experience and mentoring in a department.
The Libraries seeks a diverse pool of applicants with ALA-accredited M.L.S. or M.I.S. degrees awarded between September 2013 and August 2014. Required for consideration:
- demonstrated potential to develop expertise in science or engineering librarianship, in current and emerging digital technologies, or in management and administration of libraries
- evidence of leadership potential, including excellent interpersonal skills and ability to perform in a highly interactive team environment
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- demonstrated understanding of the educational mission of a research university and its role in valuing and nurturing demographic and intellectual diversity
- internship or practicum in a research-oriented environment is desirable
Application process and schedule
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt; applications will be accepted until finalist candidates are selected. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to receive full consideration. The nomination committee may invite candidates for confidential, pre-interview screenings. Appointment requires successful completion of background check.
Applicants must apply through the NC State University online employment website at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/. Search in the keyword box by position number 00001581. Complete application, attach cover letter and rÃ©sumÃ©, and provide contact information for four current, professional references. For assistance with this process contact NCSU Libraries Personnel Services Office (919) 515-3522.
Please read the full vacancy announcement