Please join us for the Residency Interest Group Meeting at ALA Annual in Chicago. All are welcome including current and former residents, residency program coordinators, library administrators interested in developing a residency program, and library students interested in a residency position. We would love to meet or reconnect with fellow RIG members out there!
ACRL Residency Interest Group (RIG)
ALA 2013 Annual Meeting
Saturday, June 29, 2013
3:00pm to 4:00pm
Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel, Skyway 273
Below is the agenda for the upcoming meeting:
3. Updates regarding position changes/updates openings for coming year.
4. Discussion —
- RIG re-organization
- What is the current organization? How is it working for the group? Why do we need to organize/re-organize RIG? Pros/Cons
- What subgroups should we officially create/continue? (i.e. conference presentation committee, PR committee, web committee, orientation committee, scholarship and funding committee, mentoring group, research committee? Etc.)
- Structure of committees? (One resident and one mentor, at least? How many members? Responsibilities of members?)
- Reach out to new and former residents for committees. How and who will do this?
- How can we report capstone projects, special events/celebrations throughout residency cycle (i.e. positions acquired post-residency, etc)?
- Progress or events with residency committee? (i.e. conference presentation, new research? New programs? Etc.)
- Perhaps create a way of making other libraries aware when a candidate is finishing a term so that they might want to snatch them up?
- UNCG creates a post-residency report. Is this something that should be standardized? Published? Only upon request?
- If time: What skills/concepts are important for residents and new grads to learn during residency?
5. Plans for the following year
- Create groups, determine tasks for year and dates by end of August
- Meet back up at Mid-winter and see how things are progressing