College & Research Libraries 77, no. 2 (2016).
Special issue of ACRL’s scholarly journal on action research from the Assessment in Action program. Contents:
- Walter, Scott. “Assessment in Action: Introduction to the Special Issue.”
- Malenfant, Kara J., Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe, and Debra Gilchrist. “Assessment as Action Research: Bridging Academic Scholarship and Everyday Practice.”
- Arellano Douglas, Veronica and Celia Rabinowitz. “Examining the Relationship Between Faculty-Librarian Collaboration and First Year Students’ Information Literacy Abilities.”
- Davidson Squibb, Sara, and Susan Mikkelsen. “Assessing the Value of Course-Embedded Information Literacy on Student Learning and Achievement.”
- Melançon, Jérôme and Nancy Goebel. “Personal Librarian for Aboriginal Students: A Programmatic Assessment.”
- Jones, Phil, Julia Bauder and Kevin Engel. “Mixed or Complementary Messages: Making the Most of Unexpected Assessment Results.”
- Lundstrom, Kacy, Pamela Martin and Dory Cochran. “Making Strategic Decisions: Conducting and Using Research on the Impact of Sequenced Library Instruction.”
- Massengale, Lisa, Pattie Piotrowski and Devin Savage. “Identifying and Articulating Library Connections to Student Success.”
- Whitlock, Brandy and Nassim Ebrahimi. “Beyond the Library: Using Multiple, Mixed Measures Simultaneously in a College-Wide Assessment of Information Literacy.”
Dempsey, Paula R. and Heather Jagman. “ ‘I Felt Like Such a Freshman’: First-Year Students Crossing the Library Threshold.” portal: Libraries and the Academy 16, 1 (2016). https://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/portal_libraries_and_the_academy/portal_pre_print/articles/16.1dempsey.pdf
Francis, Mary. “Assessing varied instructional approaches in the instruction of online graduate students.” Library & Information Research 38, no. 119 (2014): 3-12.
Hinchliffe, Lisa Janicke. “Professional Development for Assessment: Lessons from Reflective Practice,” The Journal of Academic Librarianship 41, no. 6 (2015): 850–852. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.acalib.2015.10.004
Kiel, Stephen “Mike,” Natalie Burclaff, and Catherine Johnson. “Learning by Doing: Developing a Baseline Information Literacy Assessment,” portal: Libraries and the Academy 15, no. 4 (2015): 747-766. http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/portal_libraries_and_the_academy/v015/15.4.kiel.html
Lowe, M. Sara, Char Booth, Sean Stone, and Natalie Tagge. “Impacting Information Literacy Learning in First-Year Seminars: A Rubric-Based Evaluation,” portal: Libraries and the Academy 15, no. 3 (2015): 489–512. https://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/portal_libraries_and_the_academy/portal_pre_print/articles/15.3lowe.pdf
McPherson, Patricia. “Paired Proficiencies: Incorporating Information Literacy into Language Instruction,” The Language Educator 10, no. 2 (2015): 45-49.
Montgomery, Susan E. and Suzanne D. Robertshaw. “From Co-Location to Collaboration: Working Together to Improve Student Learning,” Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian 34, no. 2 (2015): 55-69. DOI: 10.1080/01639269.2015.1047728
Murray, Adam, Ashley Ireland, and Jana Hackathorn, “The Value of Academic Libraries: Library Services as a Predictor of Student Retention,” College & Research Libraries 77, no.6 (2016). Preprint http://crl.acrl.org/content/early/2015/11/05/crl15-837.full.pdf+html
Radcliff, Sharon and Elise Y. Wong, “Evaluation of sources: a new sustainable approach,” Reference Services Review 43, no. 2 (2015): 231-250. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/RSR-09-2014-0041
Young, Scott W. H., Angela Tate, Doralyn Rossmann, and Mary Anne Hansen, “The Social Media Toll Road: The Promise and Peril of Facebook Advertising,” College & Research Libraries News 75.8 (2014): 427-434. Available at http://crln.acrl.org/content/75/8/427.full.
Whelan, Jennifer L.A., “Personal Research Sessions: A Consultation-Based Program for Research Support,” Library Connect 13.7 (2015). http://libraryconnect.elsevier.com/articles/personal-research-sessions-consultation-based-program-research-support
Whitlock, Brandy and Julie Nanavati, “A Systematic Approach to Performative and Authentic Assessment,” Reference Services Review 41.1 (2013): 32-48. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/00907321311300866