The Women & Gender Studies Section (WGSS) of the Association of College & Research Libraries was formed to discuss, promote, and support women and gender studies collections and services in academic and research libraries.
WGSS welcomes new members and their ideas. We offer many opportunities for you to get involved in committee work, program planning, and professional exchange. WGSS meetings take place at each ALA Annual Conference. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Post to our ALA Connect discussion list at ALA-ACRL-WGSS@ConnectedCommunity.org
- DEIA Resources for WGS CollectingThe WGSS Collections Committee is working on a project to create a toolkit for DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility) and collecting in Women’s and Gender Studies.… Continue reading DEIA Resources for WGS Collecting
- CFP: WGSS Poster Session at AnnualThe Women and Gender Studies Section (WGSS) invites proposals for the 2022 WGSS Research Poster Session, which will be held on Saturday, June 25th, as part of the… Continue reading CFP: WGSS Poster Session at Annual
- Engaging in Speculative Pedagogy: Reimagining Library Futures with Creative Foresight – May 13, 2022 – Virtual ConferenceCCLI 2022 – May 13 – Zoom Registration is open for the Engaging in Speculative Pedagogy: Reimagining Library Futures with Creative Foresight virtual conference. Presenters will share… Continue reading Engaging in Speculative Pedagogy: Reimagining Library Futures with Creative Foresight – May 13, 2022 – Virtual Conference
- WGSS Guidelines for Women’s and Gender Studies Information Literacy PublishedThe Companion Document to the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education: Women’s and Gender Studies is now available on the ACRL website. Drawing on key… Continue reading WGSS Guidelines for Women’s and Gender Studies Information Literacy Published
- Research Posters at AnnualThe following 9 posters were exhibited as part of the WGSS poster session at ALA Annual, June 23rd – 28th, 2021. To read the abstracts and see… Continue reading Research Posters at Annual
- WGSS Membership Meeting June 18thThe WGSS Membership meeting for ALA Annual 2021 will be held virtually on June 18th at 1:00 pm EST/12:00 pm CST/ 11:00 am MST/ 10:00 am PST.… Continue reading WGSS Membership Meeting June 18th
- New WGSS Officers AnnouncedCongratulations to our incoming Vice Chair/Chair-Elect Caitlin Shanley, Secretary Erin Hvizdak, and Member-at-Large Monica D. Porter!
- Collections Committee Publishes OA and OER LibGuide for WGSSI am very happy to report that the Collections Committee has published a freely accessible LibGuide, hosted by ACRL, containing OA and OER resources in Women’s and… Continue reading Collections Committee Publishes OA and OER LibGuide for WGSS
- Jane Nichols Wins WGSS Career Achievement AwardJane Nichols, associate professor and head of the teaching and engagement department at Oregon State University, has won the WGSS Award for Career Achievement in Women and… Continue reading Jane Nichols Wins WGSS Career Achievement Award
- Nicola Andrews wins WGSS Significant Achievement AwardNicola Andrews, instruction and first year experience librarian at the University of San Francisco has won the 2021 Significant Achievement in Women and Gender Studies Librarianship Award for… Continue reading Nicola Andrews wins WGSS Significant Achievement Award