- Review various sources to identify new core titles to add to your subject area.
- Login to LibraryThing using login/password information sent via email.
- Click the Add Books tab in the LibraryThing catalog.
- Search for the title using ISBN or other search terms (title, author).
- Select the appropriate match.
- Edit the record to add the WGSS Core Books information (click “Edit book”).
- Enter the official subject tag in the Tags field (copy/paste from the list below for accuracy: spacing, capitalization, punctuation matter).
- Enter “Added 2014 (your subject here)” to the Comments field.
- Enter “Essential title (your subject here)” to the Comments field if applicable.
- Enter your name to the Private Comments field.
- Save the record.
Essential title (your subject in parentheses) – This should be what you consider the 5-10 most important titles from your complete list. Think of it as the titles you would most recommend for those who can only afford a minimal number of books in your subject area. Note: Your sense of essential may change; you may update a record to change it from or to essential based on your list of core titles as a whole.
Copy/paste these within both the Tags field and within parentheses in the Comments field associated with the year added and/or Essential Titles. Consistency is imperative and you need to double check your Tags listing to be sure an errant capitalization or punctuation issue has not occurred.
List of subjects/tags:
Agricultural [development] – International
Agriculture – U.S.
Anthropology and archaeology
East Asian women
Feminist movements in the U.S.
Film and television studies
Geography and travel
Girls and girlhood
History – International
History – U.S.
HIV and AIDS
Latin American women
Literature – British
Literature – U.S.
Mental health and psychology
Middle Eastern women
Politics – International
Politics – U.S.
South and Southeast Asian women
Women of color